Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween to remember..........

It's tradition here at school that the President of my university will open his house up to any students who would like to come on over. Let it be said that our President, Dr. Bowling is a well liked man here, and always has the insight of a genius. I feel like every time I am around him I should have a pen and pencil in my hands, just so I can write down his profound thoughts! haha!

So last night it just so happened that myself and a group of friends did not feel like dressing up for Halloween or even participating in any of the events, so we just moseyed on over to the Bowlings home. Jill his wife greeted us at the door, and let us in. It just so happened that the Bowlings had some friends in from out of town, that came in to surprise Jill for her birthday.

They asked us to sing a few songs, which we did of course. I mean, you can't exactly say no to the President and his guests. Then we sat around and talked for an hour and a half. Let me repeat that.....an hour and a half. With the President and his guests. haha! It was neat to hear about all of their old memories here at Olivet, and the memories they shared together. Bowling at one point talked about how we need to live each day focusing just on that day. We need to live life to the greatest we can possibly live it....profound I tell you....maybe not in my words, but coming out of his mouth it was like food for my soul! haha!

Needless to say it was a great night all in all, and something that I will remember for a long time. When we were making our way out Dr. Bowling spoke up and said, in these words, "I would love to do this again. Please email me and we will set up another time soon!" He loved us! haha!

So on a latter note I've decided to live each day focusing just on that day. I don't have control over what is going to happen the next day or the next, and that's not always easy to accept, not being in control of your future. But I've realized that you will never be content in life if you are always worrying about the future and where you are going to end up.

0 comments: